Benefits of Therapy for Sexual Abuse Survivors
• Restores self-image
• Builds interpersonal relationship skills, such as trust
• Aids in overcoming anxieties
• Aids in overcoming feelings of guilt and anger
• Aids in recognition of triggers of negative responses
• Treats resulting depression or anxiety
Therapy can guide a client towards self-empathy and can stabilize self-esteem. Talking through problems or establishing self-awareness for triggers or other negative thought patterns can be extremely effective in the recovery process.